Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cacique Restaurant


Como estan bitches? If you're a reader of this blog, you'll know that Kay and I had a bad experience at our last Mexican outing (read here). After washing the taste of disappointment out of our mouths, we felt the need to fill a void. Kinda like a the void a red headed step child feels when seeking approval from their father. The void is not the lack of approval, it's the lack of a soul. I'm not sure how that applies here but that is the best I can do. (Insert Kay: um, ramble much? I have no idea what Jay is talking about here…) To fill our void, we decided to hit up a personal favorite of ours and set out to Cacique (warning: website has sound that you can't turn off!) located in downtown Frederick, MD.

One note to make before I get going, based on much previous experience (Kay and I frequent Cacique a lot) you need to expect to spend some time for dinner here. It's not just a quick drop in place. To put it bluntly, you're going to be on Spanish time here. Sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Unlike dinner at my house (shovel and chew so that you're the first to get seconds), dinner at Cacique is an event.

So, back to our dinner event which took place on a Friday night. After arriving around 7pm or so, we were quickly seated. The waiter's assistant promptly hooked us up with chips, salsa and waters and our waiter arrived shortly arrived to take our orders (without writing them down…impressive). I went with a beef burrito and Kay went with a beef/chicken fajita combo (Insert Kay: mmmmm, fajitas!)  After munching on some chips, our food arrived in a timely fashion. Our waiter noticed my empty water glass and sent his assistant over to fill it (expected but impressive nonetheless) (Insert Kay: In case you haven't read some of our other posts, Jay has what we could call an obsession with drink refills). My burrito was great and Kay was satisfied with her fajitas (Insert Kay: Again, mmmmm, fajitas!). The flavors were great and the meals were highly satisfying.

If you've read previous posts, you've noticed my ability to down some food (Insert Kay: The boy can eat!). I can crush a burrito at Cacique but in doing so my belly hurts from eating too much. I'm always in limbo here, there is never enough to take home and there is always too much to eat. A normal person would just leave a few bites on the plate and call it a night. Not me though, I like a good challenge. (Insert Kay: I always take home my leftovers with me and look forward to eating them the next day…like a normal person.) All in all, Cacique cuts the queso. (Insert Kay: Wait. What? Don't you mean mustard?)

One thing to be aware of when visiting Cacique…when you wake up in the morning, you can still smell the restaurant on your clothes from the night before. (Insert Kay: It's the fajitas!!) If you've ever worked in the food business, you know what I mean. This may be something they need to address or this may just be a form of advertising. If we had to give Cacique a rating, we would give it a "Hell Yeah" and we'll definitely be back! (Insert Kay: um, we're practically regulars already!)




2 comments:

  1. Cacique has consistently been the best bet for Mexicana (I think I just made that word up) food in downtown Frederick. It's everything that LaPaz is not, mainly "awesome"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @kevinbruce, we totally agree. Cacique is awesome. We would love to write a review of LaPaz, however, that would require us actually eating there.

      Delete